Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yes, We're still here!






So it's been a while since I've posted! We've been busy! Mekayla started soccer and is loving it! She had her first game on Tuesday and had a blast! It was so funny to see the kids and the coaches trying to accomplish one in the same goal! The kids would just kick the ball and who knew where it would end up, but they would sure be proud of themselves! Mekayla did pretty good! She runs fast and kicks the ball really well, but she can't kick very good with her left foot so it's pretty one sided! It's fun to see her learn something new!

Tepaynga is having fun sharing her and mommy preschool time with her "step-cousins" that we babysit during the day! She shows how brilliant she is whenever I ask a question for the other kids! She's right on top of everything! She went with Brett to work yesterday and rode in a dump truck and said "Mom, we were on top of everyone, we were big!" Her facial expressions and body language just made ya' want to squeeze the stuffing right out of her!

Dallin is growing like a weed! He is now 6 1/2 months old (Mekayla claims he's as big as her because they are both six!) and he is so much fun! He's sitting up on his own and playing with his toys! The other day we think he scooted on this back- you know like a backbend move and flat again! He's getting pretty active and it makes me nervous for what he's going to be like later! He likes to grab anything in reach so it's hard to hold him on your lap now and try to get something accomplished! He said his first word on Monday! It was AHHH! He kept giving me hugs and I would say AHHH and he would copy me and say it back! It was so cute!! He still does it occasionally, so I think he's learned that an AHHH is accompanied by a hug! His bottom tooth is just about to pop through I think, but then you can never tell! I swear he's been trying to get it through for several months now! He doesn't like any solid foods yet, he either gags on them or throws them up for up to two days later! We'll just try later!

Brett is working for his brother Kelly right now and the construction business will hopefully pickup again soon! The girls are liking him working for Kelly because they get to go with him when he drives the big trucks around! Brett just had spring break and is dreading getting back to the books!

I'm trying to fit in my schooling with babysitting, dance, soccer, house work, and taking care of the family! I can't believe how busy we're getting! Ice skating lessons ended and now it's soccer two days a week and dance two days a week! I'm just trying to keep my sanity and keep pluging along! I went to bed last night shortly after the kids did because I was so tired! Anyway, that's what we're up to and I'll try to post more often, but no promises!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Glad to hear that you are still there! Glad to hear that you guys are happy, healthy, and busy!

nana said...

Okay, I tried to post a comment a few days ago and it didn't work, so I'll try again! Dallin is getting soooo big!! You are a busy mom! It looks like Mekayla really enjoys soccer! And what can I say about Panga-roo, but cute!! Love you all!

Keah and Michael O'Hearon said...

Glad to hear your still kicking....looks like Dallin loves palying with his blocks...he's so cute! You gotta love soccer wehn your a kid, I remember those days...always a fun time!