Tepaynga had dental surgery on Tuesday. She had 4 or 5 baby root canals done and had decay in her other 3 or 4 molar teeth and had caps put on them! It was a rough day! She couldn't eat anything before she went and we spent a total time at the dentist of 3 hours! It's hard to sit that long in a waiting room with a bunch of kids that parents aren't controlling.
It was kind of scary seeing her come out of anethesia she was kicking, screaming, and crying all the while scratching at her face. She wouldn't respond to me and even though the anethesiologist kept telling me this was normal it was still scary to see my kid that way! So I had Dallin because he's attatched and Mekayla because she had to come see and support her sister get done the same thing she had done last year.
She was groggy for the first few hours, but then she was up and talking 90 miles an hour and wanted to eat non-stop until bed time (just soft foods). For the last few days, I haven't been able to fill her up. We think that she is going through a growth spurt right now. She has complained in between her pain meds. that her teeth hurt, but today she seems to be okay. She's only had meds. when she first woke up this morning. She ate pizza tonight, her request minus the pepperoni because it might "hurt her silver teeth!" She did fine with it! She seems to be milking this for all it's worth just like whenever she is sick! She's so cute and I'm glad she's fine and brave for going through with it all!
We raised Dallin's swing last week so it sits up all the way and this is what happened when he got tired! We also put up his Christmas swing he got from Grandma and Grandpa! He was bundled so I don't know how much he enjoyed it, but he loves being outside! He also started pushing himself in his walker this week, but only goes backwards and can't figure out how he does it! He's so cute!
Mekayla passed off another reading packet at school! She's so smart! We're really proud of her!
Brett has been working on midterms the last couple weeks and we'll both be glad when their over!
I started babysitting this week for my sister-in -law. She just got her grandkids because her daughter is into a lot of trouble and was leaving them for weeks. So I'm taking care of them from 9-3 every week day and getting paid daycare prices! I figured we'd both help each other out! And they are good kids. They are 1 1/2 and 4 years old.

2 comments:
WOW! Craziness! I am glad that Tepaynga recovered and seems to be doing good. Great Job Mekayla on the reading. Yeah for Dallin! although he has no idea how or what he did!! Good luck with mid-terms brett! and Good luck with the babysitting Jeni! We hope that you guys have a great week!
we love and miss you!
Sounds like your keeping busy,but a good busy! That Dallin, looks so stinkn' cute all asleep in his chair and it sounds like Tepaynga was super brave, I don't think that I could've handled that! Congrats on the the babysitting!
Post a Comment