Monday, March 23, 2009

BAD NEWS

Well, we got the bad news today when we went in to find out what all the pain has been for sure. The MRI results were in! The bad news is that he has a torn ACL and miniscus and a few other tears in the back of his knee! He will have to have reconstructive surgery on April 16th. He is really bummed out and had tears in his eyes and just kept appologizing to the kids and I how sorry he was to ruin another summer for us here! His recovery will be about 6 months but the doctor said it could be as much as 9. He'll under-go physical therapy for the first two months after surgery and it's supposed to be in that period that its the most painful as well! The doctor did say he can go camping and walking, but no hiking and that is what's bugging him a lot because he loves to hike with the kids in the summertime! We'll get through this and hopefully see the big picture of things at the end and why he had to go through this! The good thing is that he was able to wait to have surgery until after Mekayla's spring break in April, so we can go down and go camping for Easter and my birthday in Monticello with my family! We'll have fun before it gets to painful for him!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Well now I REALLY think you shouldn't let that boy play basketball if and when he recovers!! Sorry brett. You are just becoming way to expensive!! :)

Curtis and Jen said...

The good news is--- his job offers great insurance! Sorry about the triple whammy(however that is spelled). I am sure Brett will love the sympathy from his sweet wife:)

Julie said...

What are we going to do with him!!!! Seriously Brett, come ON.... you're making me believe that you only play basketball to get out of family activities in the summer! ;) We're sorry to hear that though....Good Luck with the surgery! I hope all goes well!!!!!!!!

jason and michelle clarke said...

That stinks that Brett has to have surgery. I hope that you have some good doctors, I think that makes a big difference. I guess no more basketball after recovery right Jeni?